Cookie Notice

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services, to personalize ads, and to analyze traffic. Information about your use of this site is shared with Google. By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Slowpokes Driving Down the Mountain - GEEZ!!!!!!!

Well, ol'Ace was enjoying a week off from single dad-dom this week. My kid was camping in the Sierras above Kernville with one of her friends and her family. Just as I was getting ready to go out to enjoy myself today, after only 4 days, I got a frantic phone call - "Daddy, come get me!!! We can't stand it up here!!! There's nothing to do!!!"

My visions of nights out on the town, meeting young lovelies, etc., went flying out the window. Such is the life of a single Dad I guess...

So, I drive the hour plus to Kernville, am not in such a great mood as you may suspect. I pick up my kid, then start the long drive back down the mountain. Five minutes downhill from Lake Isabella, traffic has slowed to a crawl. Lots and lots of cars and trucks are backed up, going only 25-30 mph, because some moron in a dark blue Honda sedan won't go any faster.

People are going nuts!! Everyone is honking their horns for this guy to pull over in one of the NUMEROUS roadside turnoffs to let people pass him by. There are signs posted all over the place telling slower traffic to pull over and let faster traffic pass by.

BUT THE NITWIT REFUSED TO DO IT!!!

Oh man, I saw 2 or 3 cars try to pass this guy on a double yellow line on this twisty, 2 lane highway. Numerous near head-on misses with traffic coming up the mountain. And still, this guy refused to pull over and refused to speed up. He drove this way all the way down the hill to where the NASCAR racetrack used to be.

Geez! What a frustrating drive! What is wrong with these people?

No comments: