Cookie Notice

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services, to personalize ads, and to analyze traffic. Information about your use of this site is shared with Google. By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Saturday, April 05, 2008

Ace Got Caught Speeding - Oops! Cop Had a Sense of Humor Though.


Was driving home in the G the other night and I guess I got a little "over-enthusiastic" when the light turned green. (Hard not to do in a 298 HP, 6 speed sports car.)

Well, next thing ya know, there's some red and blue lights flashing in my mirror, and one of Bakersfield's finest (or was it the CHP - I dunno, I was too pumped full of adrenaline after I saw the lights to tell) pulled me over.

"Have any idea what the speed limit is here?" he asked.

"Yes officer, 55, " I said.

"I had you at 65," he said. "May I see your license and insurance info please?"

So, I hand over everything. Start calculating how much this is gonna cost me, ticket $125, on-line driver school to avoid the insurance bump, another $250. Geez. THAT'S ALMOST A TANK OF GAS!!!!

Anyway, the cop comes back, hands me my license, I get ready to sign the ticket, but instead he says, "Ok Ace, you can go now. Just try to watch your speed next time," and then he added, and this was really funny:

"ESPECIALLY WHEN THERE IS A COP RIGHT BEHIND YOU!"

No comments: