Cookie Notice

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services, to personalize ads, and to analyze traffic. Information about your use of this site is shared with Google. By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Thursday, July 28, 2016

Wow - my old bones are creaking with excitement. I can't hardly wait.

TWO - COUNT'EM - TWO Phantasm movies are coming out this fall.


Photo: Silver Sphere Corporation, Fair Use 

The first is a remastered version of the original Phantasm that came out in 1979. Fittingly, it's called Phantasm:Remastered.  And if that isn't good enough news, the remaster has been put together by none other than J.J. Abrams, of Star Wars and Star Trek fame! Wow! Apparently he's a bigger fan than me!

The second is a brand new film, Phantasm:Ravager. The few hints I've seen of that one have me drooling with anticipation.

You can find a lot more info on the 2 films at this link: Phantasm films to be released this fall

I first saw Phantasm at a midnight sneak preview at a now defunct theater in Westwood, California with two friends. We had no idea what the flick was about, but were blown away as each minute unfolded.

And then...

AND THEN!!!!!!!...

Right before the movie ended, I happened to look up above us. We were sitting just below the balcony and to my astonishment, one of the silver spheres was just hanging there, right above my head. The final scene of the movie happened - who can forget that shock?!?! - and suddenly, the sphere above me started flying across the audience toward the stage. There was a loud explosion of smoke and light, people started screaming, and behind the curtain, on stage, Angus Scrimm appeared, pointed at the audience, and snarled at the top of his lungs, "BOY-Y-Y-Y-Y!!!!"

Man, that is moviemaking! THAT is how you make a lifelong fan of a franchise to be!

Can't wait!

No comments: