Cookie Notice

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services, to personalize ads, and to analyze traffic. Information about your use of this site is shared with Google. By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Friday, March 24, 2006

iTunes CD Burner Problems

Geez - thought I'd seen it all. I won a gift card for iTunes. Went to their website - looked ok, they said you can easily download songs to your PC AND burn them to your cd.

WHAT A BUNCH OF MISLEADING CRAP!!!!!!!!

Everytime I try to burn a CD from iTunes I get a burner failure error (2123). Their downloads are protected and in a format no one else recognizes and/or are allowed to use.

I've spent the past week talking to my PC manufacturer, my cd manufacturer, my cd burning software manufactuer, downloading driver updates, BIOS updates,....ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WORKS!!!!!!!!

I've gotten crappy support from iTunes on this matter. My emails to their technical support folks seem to always end up in the hands of their music salepeople.

I think it's just a scam to get folks to buy an iPod. (Which I did by the way, they are kinda cool - bought a black Nano.)

Fortunately, although it appears that one might need an iPod to use iTunes, one doesn't need iTunes to use an iPod.

No comments: