Cookie Notice

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services, to personalize ads, and to analyze traffic. Information about your use of this site is shared with Google. By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Friday, December 30, 2005

GEEKS...GEEKS...GEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Gawd!!!!!! - Just wasted 2 days of my vacation trying to fix an antiviral upgrade download problem. My antiviral subscription was expiring, so, I wanted to renew my subscription. BUT... they won't support my old 2004 version, thus forcing me into a more expensive upgrade that has features I don't need. So I do that - or try to!!!! Problems with the download - couldn't install it, ended up on the phone for hours with some southeast Asian technical support guy who spoke a form of english I had a hard time understanding. Finally got the damn upgrade installed, but then only to find that 2 of the files for one of the functions I didn't want anyway were corrupted. Everytime I started my PC I kept getting these annoying error messages about it. The geeks from the antiviral sent me to microsoft who sent me to my pc mfr. Everyone seemed to think that the only solution was to start from scratch - RE-INSTALL WINDOWS!!!!! GIMME A FRIGGIN' BREAK!!!!!! I wasn't gonna do that. So I mulled it over, did some research, concluded all I should have to do was try another uninstall/reinstall. Got on the phone with the antiviral company 2 days later, got another guy I could barely understand, and finally, FINALLY, got the damn thing installed correctly. .. I have a 2 year subscription, so, I shouldn't have to worry about this again til then, right??? HA!!!! I should be so lucky! Geeks!

No comments: