Cookie Notice

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services, to personalize ads, and to analyze traffic. Information about your use of this site is shared with Google. By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Sunday, February 07, 2021

Let's talk Adidas tennis shoes - specifically, the current Barricade replacement

Let's talk about tennis shoes. Adidas tennis shoes. Like many of you, I'm a Barricade devotee. I've played in nothing but them for years (except an occasional foray with Adidas Adizeros after a snooty tennis club wouldn't let me wear black soles during a national tennis tournament). 

But, Adidas discontinued the Barricade line a couple of years ago. They replaced it with the SoleCourt Boost. I never tried that, but, on a visit to the official Adidas website today I noticed that even that shoe isn't offered anymore.

So what is a Barricade fan supposed to do? The closest to it now appears to be the SoleCourt Primeblue tennis shoe, shown below:



Apparently, much of this shoe is made from a material called Parley Ocean Plastic which is basically recycled plastic recovered from the oceans. So, for all of you environmental types (and I guess that includes me because I have over 30 years of professional work experience in environmental compliance), this shoe seems to be one to try.

I just saw Felix Auger Aliassime wearing this shoe in a tuneup to the 2021 Australian Open (he lost in the finals to Dan Evans btw), so, I guess it can't be that bad.

But, is it as good as the old Barricades were? I still have a couple of pair of the old Barricades that aren't worn out yet. How about the rest of you Barricade fans - what are you playing with now? Let me know in the comments below.


No comments: