Cookie Notice

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services, to personalize ads, and to analyze traffic. Information about your use of this site is shared with Google. By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Talking Head TV Shows, or, I Need to Get a Life

OK - this is just another example of me commenting on something that is of absolutely no human value or concern to anyone, I guess. Except me, maybe - that's why I'm talking about it.

I watch too much TV in the morning and afternoon - ya' see, I'm retired and I'm not one of those retired guys that needs to keep busy. I'm perfectly happy vegitating out and being a lazy bum.

Anyway, I got hooked watching all of the political talking head shows on cable TV - MSNBC, CNN, (and Fox when I want to laugh at those right wing morons who are always good for a chuckle or two). I watch Countdown, Hardball, Wolf Blitzer, Rachael Maddow, I watch them all.

Here's what bugs me about all of them. They all have interviews with public and not so public figures. They all ask questions of these folks, who then give their answers, followed by more questions, blah, blah, blah.

Then the talk show host says, "Well, we gotta go, THANK YOU for being on the show!

And then, the guests always, ALWAYS, reply the exact same way - EVERY DAMN ONE OF THEM - with the following response: "Thank You."

Thank You??? Thank You? Why are they saying "Thank You" after the host said "Thank You" first?

This bugs me. It's stupid, I know, but, it bugs me.

WEREN'T THESE PEOPLE EVER TAUGHT THAT THE PROPER RESPONSE TO THANK YOU WAS "YOU'RE WELCOME!"?!?!?!?!?"

Geez, it just annoys the hell out of me. I'd settle for a "Thank YOU," with the emphasis on the You, but, they don't even do that!

Yeah, I know, you don't have to say it... I've got too much time on my hands...

No comments: